Did you know rider asymmetries are common?
Even highly skilled riders have asymmetries!
A functional movement assessment of the rider on and off the horse allows for a better understanding as to rider fundamental movement limitations or commonly called “asymmetries.”
The Rider Physical Therapy Assessment offered by Physio Equine Solutions combines human and equine functional movement biomechanics with sport specific analysis of motion. This allows the physical therapist to discern the underlying cause of the asymmetry or limited functional movement. Once the big picture cause – effect relationship is identified, appropriate physical therapy interventions and exercise programs can be implemented and monitored to decrease rider pain and/or asymmetry to improve rider and horse performance.
Are you interested in hosting a clinic? Minimum of 4 riders for mounted assessment required.
- Lecture will be from 8:30a-10:30a
- What is Rider Biomechanics?
- Rider Anatomy
- Human Functional Movements
- Rider Strength vs. Stability
- Pitfalls of Rider Biomechanics
- Unmounted Rider Warmup
- Rider Physical Therapy Assessments -unmounted 10:30a-12:30p
- Lunch on your own 12:30-1p
- Rider Physical Therapy Assessments -mounted 1-5p
Clinic Levels of Participation:
1. Mounted Assessment $150 (4 maximum)
2. Unmounted Assessment $75 (3 maximum)
3. Audit $25 (as space allows)